TOP GUN "CLAM ELITE LACROSSE LEAGUE"
Acton Indoor Sports Center
RULE ADJUSTMENTS HIGHLIGHTED
1. Team Size: 12 minimum/18 maximum players - 7 per team (1 goaltender, 6 field players - 2 long poles are allowed).
2. Eligibility: Only fully registered players may play.
2b. A team playing with non-registered players will forfeit that game. In addition, a player who gives his jersey to a non-roster player to play for him may be expelled from the league. (See Rule 18.)
3. Equipment: All players are required to wear a helmet (lacrosse or hockey), shoulderpads, armpads, gloves and a mouthguard. Goalies must wear a chest protector, throat guard and an athletic cup. Goalies may not wear "excessive" padding on their legs, torso or arms. "Excessive" shall be at the discretion of the referee. Exception: Grade school and middle school division goalies may wear additional padding, if they wish. All sticks in play should be regulation attack/middie, defense (for high school and middle school silver division players) or goalie crosses.
4. Game Length: two 23-minute running-time halves. 2 minute half time break. The last 2 minutes in a game, where the difference in score is 2 goals or less, will be stopped time.
A. Two players must remain in the defensive zone at all times (i.e. - goalie plus field player)
B. One player must remain in the offensive zone at all times (i.e. - one field player).
6. Time-Outs: Each team is allowed 1, 60 second time-out in the game. NOTE: Time-outs cannot be called in last 2 minutes of the game or in overtime.
7. Overtime: If the score is tied at the end of regulation, a final period will be played, with no time on the clock, until the contest is decided.
8. Face-Offs: Face-offs occur at the beginning of each half and at the beginning of any overtime period. There will be no face off after a goal; instead the ball will be put into play by the goalie.
9. Substitutions: All substitutions are on the fly or on a deadball stoppage of play (acknowledged by referee). There is no "horn".
10. Clearing the Ball: A team has 10 seconds to clear the ball over midcourt, except in man down situations where this rule is waived. The goaltender has 4 seconds to clear the ball from the goal crease.
11. Backcourt: ENFORCED ONLY IN THE LAST 2-MINUTES OF THE GAME FOR TEAM WITH THE LEAD. Once a team has the ball in their offensive zone, it cannot move the ball "back court" into their defensive zone for any reason. Backcourt will result in a change of possession. The only exception is after a deflected or missed shot.
12. Penalties: All penalties are at least 1 minute in length - no 30 second penalties. Once a player accumulates 5 minutes of penalty time in a game he "fouls out" and is removed from the game. A player begins serving his penalty as soon as the official has signaled the start of play, and he is in the penalty box and the door is closed. Penalties are released if a goal is scored against the offending team. Flagrant fouls may result in up to a 3 minute penalty, or game ejection.
12b. Goalie Penalty: If a goaltender commits a technical or personal foul, then the penalty may be served by another player and the goaltender remains in the game. If a goaltender commits a major foul and is expelled from the game, all rules pertaining to major fouls are in effect.
13. Boarding: A player may not hit or push another player into the boards. Flagrant boarding will result in at least a 2-minute non-releasable penalty. (Repeated flagrant boarding penalties may result in removal from the game.)
14. 4 Goal Rule: If there is a 4 goal or more difference in the score, the team with the lower score begins play with possession after each of their scores. EXCEPTION: 4 goal rule does not apply during playoff & championship games.
15. Bench Area and Field of Play: Only team members and approved coaches (maximum of 2 coaches per team) are allowed in the bench area or field of play during a game or during half time.
16. Coaches are not allowed on the field at any time during game play. Leaving the bench area while the game is in progress will result in immediate ejection from that game for that coach. A second half ejection will result in an additional game suspension. In extreme cases, a forfeit may result.
16a. Spectators are not allowed on the field at any time during game play. Any spectator who enters the field while the game is in progress will be immediately removed from the facility. In extreme cases, a forfeit may result.
17. Out of Bounds: The ball is considered "out of bounds" only if it is lost over the boards or glass, falls into the bench area, or touches a player or any person not in play on the court.
18. Forfeits: There are 2 situations which can result in a forfeit:
1) A team does not show up for a game or arrives with too few players. A team needs a minimum of 5 field players, and a goalie, for the game to count.
2) A team plays with ineligible players. Only fully registered players can play, and can play only for the team they are registered to. EXCEPTION: Any full registered, age-appropriate and division-appropriate goalie may play for any team in need of a goalie, without prior approval from the opposing team. A forfeit shall go into the books as a 1- 0 loss.
AFTER A FORFEIT IS DECLARED, THE GAME MAY PROCEED WITH “BORROWED” FULLY REGISTERED PLAYERS FROM OTHER TEAMS. THE GAME WILL BE PLAYED WITH ALL CELL RULES APPLYING, BUT THE FORFEIT SCORE WILL BE RECORDED AND NO PLAYER STATS WILL BE KEPT.
IF A TEAM FORFEITS A) ONCE UNANNOUNCED OR, B) TWICE ANNOUNCED (ANNOUNCED FORFEITS MUST BE REPORTED TO THE TOP GUN OFFICE MORE THAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE GAME) IN A SESSION, THEY WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED FOR PLAYOFF OR CONSOLATION ROUND GAMES, AND MAY BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE CURRENT AND/OR FOLLOWING SESSION AT THE DISCRETION OF THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR. In addition, teams forfeiting in consolation or playoff round games will not get a consolation or playoff game the following week.
19. Ejections: A player ejected from a game shall leave the bench area for the remainder of the game. A second half ejection shall result in a suspension from the following game. A second ejection shall result in expulsion from the league.
20. Weather Cancellations: Our facilities afford us no provision to make up games canceled due to weather, so games will be played if at all possible. If severe weather forces a cancellation, that information will be on the Top Gun information line at 781-834-5816, and/or posted at our web site topgunlax.com.
21. COMPETITIVE AND DISCIPLARY ISSUES NOT COVERED HERE WILL BE HANDLED AT THE FULL DISCRETION OF CELL MANAGEMENT.